About the Podcast Guest:
Jamee is an Internationally Certified Alexander Technique Instructor and teacher-trainer offering lessons in the Boston area for over 25 years.
Jamee is also a Senior Instructor at the Universal Tao Boston, School of Taoist Practices teaching classes and workshops in Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and ancient meditation techniques.
Jamee’s earlier education includes study at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of Theatre in NYC and Berklee College of Music. Jamee’s past work as a documentary filmmaker won an award for the film “How it All Began, Origins of the Universal Tao System”.
Along the way Jamee became a Senior Instructor and teacher trainer with the Universal Healing Tao system, (UHT), teaching qigong, ancient meditation techniques, and tai chi from the Yang family style tradition. She teaches tai chi short-form, long-form, and sword-form.
Jamee’s been part of a team of instructors involved with Tai Chi studies at Harvard and Brown Universities. Jamee is also an Internationally Certified Alexander Technique Instructor and teacher-trainer at the Boston Conservatory at Berklee where Tai
Chi is a principle activity to explore dynamic integrated movement.
Jamee uniquely synthesizes ancient Taoist practices, Alexander Technique principles, and spiritual healing opening the way for deep personal transformation and self-empowerment as people learn and experience themselves in a new way.
Over the years Jamee has shared her knowledge and experience with numerous institutions in the Boston area in hospitals, fitness centers, colleges, and women's centers such as:
• Beth Israel Medical Center, Cheng-Tsui Integrative Heath Center, (pre-covid).
• Mass General Hospital partnered with the Boston Red Sox post-911 service members, (pre-covid).
• Boston Conservatory at Berklee in the Alexander Technique training course
• Charlesview residential center, Brighton (year-round outdoor classes)
• Universal Tao Boston, School of Taoist Practices in Somerville, MA.
• Brown University, Tai Chi Studies program (pre-covid).
• Rosie’s Place Women’s Shelter, (pre-covid).
Jamee has a private practice around the Boston area, private lessons are available in all disciplines. Jamee also holds live and recorded classes online where she can reach people globally.
>> Enjoyed this episode?
- Click here to LEAVE A REVIEW and
- Click here to receive my FREE Morning Meditation Routine Guide
#AlexanderTechnique #somaticawareness #energyawareness #omnimindfulness